About the Scheme
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) announce the launch of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship to recognize, encourage and support translational research by Indian Nationalsto achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will co-ordinate and award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development in association with SERB-DST.
All areas of engineering, innovation and technology will be covered by this fellowship.
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organizationas on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by upto two more years depending on the performance.
- The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
Nature of Support
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant is Rs.15.00 lakh per annum, which can be utilized for engineering research and innovation activity including hiring of manpower, consumables, national and international travel for research purposes, chemicals, equipment, etc.
- An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum will be provided to the host institute.
- The fellow is eligible for regular research grants through the extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
Commercialized or deployable technology; pilot scale or field trial worthy technology; patent (field/ sold/ commercialized) working model or prototype for demonstration and trial.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- The nominations will be accepted throughout the year.
- The format for inviting nominations is attached.
- A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
- Selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search -Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship.
Contact for More information on Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship at INAE
Formats and Guidelines
Convener cum Member Secretary (Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship)
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
6th Floor, Unit No. 604-609, SPAZE I-Tech Park,
Tower A, Sector 49, Sohna Road,
Gurgaon – 122018